Thank you for attending Youth Lab for your Hyperhidrosis treatment. Please take the time to carefully read your post-treatment instructions below.
- Do not use antiperspirant or apply products to the treated area for 24hrs.
- Do not lie flat for 4 hours.
- Avoid any heat-inducing activities for 24 hours.
- Do not perform strenuous exercise for 24hrs.
- Do not rub, massage or apply pressure to the area for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid blood thinning medication such as Aspirin & Ibuprofen for 7 days (unless medically necessary)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The listed below are all normal results of the injections and will generally disappear within a few days.
- Mild bruising
While bruising is not common, when it does occur often it is minimal. Bruising is not due to poor technique and will not alter the final result of your treatment. In order to reduce bruising, it is important to adhere to the aftercare regime.
- Avoid any medications containing NSAIDs, aspirin, vitamin E and ginseng for the week prior and the week following treatment, unless medically necessary and after discussion with your doctor/nurse.
- Apply a cool compress to the area.
- Apply topical Arnica or Hirudoid cream.
You may have a mild tenderness at the injection site. This can be treated with paracetamol if required.
Rarer side effects have been discussed in the consultation process and are not expected with every treatment.
You may begin to notice the results in 3-7 days with end results noticeable at 28 days.
Results should last up to 6 months.
Please contact the clinic on 9324 1604 (West Perth), 9260 6800 (Claremont), 9260 6880 (Joondalup) or 9260 6820 (Applecross) if you have any questions about your treatment or aftercare instructions.
How long does anti-wrinkle last?
Anti-wrinkle lasts approximately 3 months for the relaxing of facial muscles (based on clinical studies). The treatment lasts longer in areas such as the masseter muscles and sweat glands with results expected up to 6 months.
Why is my anti-wrinkle not lasting?
Longevity depends on the type of anti-wrinkle used, dosage, its indication, particular muscle injected, compliance with aftercare and individual factors such as metabolism.
Regular maintenance treatments are required and essential for long-lasting results. Your practitioner will discuss your treatment plan with you.
How often should I get hyperhidrosis treatment?
The effects of this treatment should last up to 6-9 months. Our doctors and nurses advise at least 1-2 treatments each year depending on the severity of symptoms and desired results.