Fat dissolving injections as an injectable treatment has been available in Australia since 2017 and Dr Kate Jameson was one of the first doctor’s trained in its use.
Youth Lab is proud to be one of the highest users of this treatment in Perth, with high patient satisfaction and excellent results.
Fat dissolving injections have been approved for the removal of fat under the chin also known as submental fat but its use extends to other areas of the body.
Fat dissolving injections contain an acid which is naturally occurring in the body and works to breakdown and absorb the fat contained in the food we consume. One removed, the results are permanent.
The acid contained within fat dissolving injections has been formulated into an injectable product.
When this solution is injected into an area containing fat cells can dissolve and destroy the fat within that area. Once a fat cell has been destroyed they are unable to store fat anymore thus reducing the total amount of fatty tissue in an area.
Moreover, once the desired aesthetic result has been achieved, no further treatments will be required.
Fat dissolving injections as a treatment is a long term solution to removing stubborn fatty deposits that do not respond to diet and exercise such as a double chin.
There are a number of indications for fat dissolving injections:
- Formal TGA approval for the removal of mild to moderate fat below the chin (submental fat)
- Jawline contouring and sculpting
- Profile balancing when combined with dermal fillers to the chin and jawline
- Stubborn jowl fat (off label and advanced technique)
- Small pockets of fat post liposuction eg to the abdomen or flanks
- Under arm fat / bra line fat
- Upper back fat (small pockets)
- Fat above the knees or elbows
- Other small areas which are resistant to diet and exercise and are small enough to warrant a non-surgical approach. These are all “off label” uses