Thank you for attending Youth Lab for Bio Remodelling Injections. Please take the time to carefully read your post-treatment instructions below.
- Avoid any heat-inducing activities for 24 hours.
- Do not perform strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid pressure on the area for 48 hours (i.e. avoid face-down massages).
- Do not massage the treatment area unless instructed to do so.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid active cosmeceutical products (AHAs, retinol, vitamin C) for 24 hours.
- Do not apply oil-based makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid blood thinning medication such as Aspirin & Ibuprofen for 7 days (unless medically necessary)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The listed below are all normal side effects and should self resolve within a few days.
- Swelling/lumps (this is localised swelling lasts approx 12-48hrs)
For further information on how to manage these side effects, please see ‘Management’.
More severe complications may include:
- Pain out of proportion to the expected post treatment discomfort
- Severe swelling
- Possible allergic reaction
- Blanching or whitening of the skin
- Blistering or ulceration of the skin
- Visual disturbances or any change to mental state
If it is after hours (between 5pm and 9am) please email our emergency email at email@example.com. This email address is only to be used in cases of severe side effects.
Please note this email may not be seen between the hours of 9pm and 7am so if any concerns arise during this time or if there is a high level of concern after hours present to your nearest emergency department or call 000.
Swelling after the Bio-Stimulator treatment is expected. The swelling is often localised and resembles small lumps, frequently described as “mosquito bites”. As the product spreads the swelling (or ‘lumps’) will dissipate.
The swelling will resolve within 12-48 hrs and does not require any intervention. If the swelling persists for more than 5 days please inform the clinic.
- You can apply a cool compress for 10 minutes every hour on treatment day.
Bruising is a common and expected side effect. Bruising is not due to poor technique and will not alter the final result of your treatment. In order to reduce bruising, it is important to adhere to the aftercare regime.
- Avoid any medications containing NSAIDs, aspirin, vitamin E and ginseng for the week prior and the week following treatment, unless medically necessary and after discussion with your doctor/nurse.
- Apply a cool compress to the area for 10 minutes every hour on treatment day.
- Apply topical Arnica or Hirudoid cream to the affected area.
We offer HEALITE II LED treatments for those cases where bruising is severe and not manageable with home remedies.
Rarer side effects are discussed with each patient in the consultation process and are not expected with every treatment.
How many treatments do I need?
An initial treatment course of 2 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart, is required. Many may need a third session depending on their skin quality. Once this is complete, to ensure longevity, it is recommended to have a maintenance treatment every 6 months.
However, please discuss your individual treatment plan with your practitioner as results may vary.
When will I see results?
Results begin to show within the first week of the treatment. However, best results are seen 8-12 weeks post the second treatment.
How long does the treatment last?
The results from Bio-Stimulators are long-lasting, but not permanent. Longevity depends on the volume of product injected, its indication, compliance with aftercare and the baseline condition of the skin. We cannot guarantee the longevity of the results.
Regular maintenance treatments are required and essential for long-lasting results.
Please contact the clinic on 9324 1604 (West Perth), 9260 6800 (Claremont), 9260 6880 (Joondalup) or 9260 6820 (Applecross) if you have any questions about your treatment or aftercare instructions.