Please take the time to carefully read the pre-treatment instructions below.
1 week prior to your appointment:
- Eat a healthy balanced diet – try to avoid any fatty foods as this impacts the quality of PRP extracted.
- Avoid smoking and/or vaping.
- Ensure you are well hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Avoid any blood thinning medication (Nurofen, aspirin, NSAIDs) unless medically necessary.
On the day of your appointment:
- Please ensure all makeup has been removed before attending your appointment. We ask this to avoid the risk of infection and to ensure we can examine your skin optimally.
- Ensure you have eaten a light meal at least one hour before treatment.
- Ensure you are well hydrated and drink a minimum of 1L of water up to 30 mins before your appointment.
- Avoid caffeine before your treatment.
- No smoking prior to the appointment.
- No heavy exercise on the day of treatment.
Treatment will not be performed:
- If you are pregnant. Please advise the clinic if you are pregnant as the treatment may not be suitable. PRP is suitable for breastfeeding mothers.
- If you have a cold sore or a healing cold sore.
- If you have had other injectables, laser or light, skin resurfacing treatments or cosmetic tattooing in the 2 weeks prior to treatment. This is at the discretion of the doctor/nurse.
Please inform the clinic, with at least 48 hours notice, if any of the above apply to you so we can reschedule your appointment accordingly.
If you are a new client, providing a list of previous treatments is helpful for our doctors and nurses to make adequate assessments and plan your treatment.
Accurate quotes for treatment will be provided on the day of treatment.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the clinic on 9324 1604 (West Perth), 9260 6800 (Claremont), 9260 6880 (Joondalup) or 9260 6820 (Applecross).