Thank you for attending Youth Lab for an Advanced Facial. Please take the time to carefully read your post-treatment instructions below.
- Ensure your skin is adequately hydrated by applying moisturiser day and night.
- Only use gentle cleansers and products for the first 2-3 days
- Use SPF 50+ daily and reapply when required
- Do not use fake tan or spray tan for 7 days.
- Avoid sun exposure for 7 days.
- Avoid any heat-inducing activities for 24 hours.
- Do not pick or scratch the skin.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The listed below are all normal side effects and should self-resolve within a few days to weeks.
- Erythema (redness)
- Tight or dry feeling skin.
- Purging of acne/pimples if there was an existing underlying congestion.
For further information on how to manage these side effects, please see ‘Management’.
A slight red tinge to the skin post-treatment is completely normal and will usually self resolve within a few hours.
- You can apply makeup after the treatment, ensuring it is applied with clean hands and/or a clean makeup brush.
- Apply a cool compress to the area.
Dry skin or a tight feeling, while unlikely, is completely normal post treatment. For clients that are prone to dry skin, it is more common to experience a few days post treatment.
Dry Skin Relief
- Apply regular hydrating products, i.e. Hyaluronic acid and Moisturisers
- Avoid any active or exfoliating products (AHA’s / BHA’s, Retinol, Vitamin C)
Purging of acne/pimples
If underlying congestion in the skin is present, you may experience some breakouts or pimples after undergoing any facial treatment. If this occurs they are generally short-lived and resolve fairly quickly. Purging of acne and deeper congestion that may not have been visible to you before a normal response to treatment and indicative that the skin is responding.
- Ensure you are adequately cleaning your face morning and evening
- Do not pick or scratch at any breakouts.
- The HEALITE II LED treatment in the clinic is a good option for those cases where purging is severe and not manageable with home remedies.
When should I get another treatment?
Subsequent treatments are based upon your therapist’s recommendation and are typically 2-4 weeks apart.
An initial treatment course of 3 to 4 treatments is recommended. Please note symptoms of acne and congestion may be triggered after your first treatment.
Monthly to 3 monthly maintenance treatments are advised for long-term results.
Please contact the clinic on (08) 9324 1604 (West Perth), (08) 9260 6800 (Claremont), (08) 9260 6880 (Joondalup) or (08) 9260 6820 (Applecross) if you have any questions about your treatment or aftercare instructions.