Thank you for attending Youth Lab for Anti-wrinkle treatment. Please take the time to carefully read the post-treatment instructions below.
- Do not lie flat for 4 hours.
- Avoid any heat-inducing activities for 24 hours.
- Do not perform strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Do not rub, massage or apply pressure to the area for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid active cosmeceutical products (AHAs, retinol, vitamin C) for 24 hours.
- Do not apply oil-based makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid any facial treatments for 2 weeks (including facials, waxing, chemical peels, skin needling, Hydrafacial, IPL or laser)
- Avoid blood thinning medication such as Aspirin & Ibuprofen for 7 days (unless medically necessary)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The listed below are all normal results of the injections and will generally disappear within a few days.
- Localised swelling
- Tenderness in the treated area
- Mild bruising
While bruising is not common, when it does occur, often it is minimal. Bruising is not due to poor technique and will not alter the final result of your treatment. In order to reduce bruising, it is important to adhere to the aftercare regime.
- Avoid any medications containing NSAIDs, aspirin, vitamin E and ginseng for the week prior and the week following treatment, unless medically necessary and after discussion with your doctor/nurse.
- Apply a cool compress to the area.
- Apply topical Arnica or Hirudoid cream.
Headache and Tenderness
You may have a mild headache or tenderness at the injection site. This can be treated with paracetamol if required.
The treated area may feel heavy or ‘strange’, this is normal and will settle as the Botulinum toxin takes effect over the first 10-14 days.
There may also be asymmetry of the treated muscles that will resolve once the treatment takes full effect, this is normal and due to the muscles slowly relaxing. This is most noticeable with forehead treatments.
Rarer side effects have been discussed in the consultation process and are not expected with every treatment.
You may begin to notice the results in 3-7 days with end results visible at 14 days.
A second treatment between 14-21 days of the anti-wrinkle treatment may be necessary to achieve optimal results and to determine a correct dosing regime.
Please note that NO FOLLOW-UP OR TOP-UP TREATMENT will be performed prior to 14 days. Further costs may be incurred with any follow-up treatment.
Please contact the clinic on 9324 1604 (West Perth), 9260 6800 (Claremont), 9260 6880 (Joondalup) or 9260 6820 (Applecross) if you have any questions about your treatment or aftercare instructions.
How long does anti-wrinkle last?
Anti-wrinkle lasts approximately 3 months for facial muscles (based on clinical studies). The treatment often lasts longer in areas such as the masseter muscles and sweat glands, with results expected for up to 6 months.
In most individuals, it is normal for muscle activity to begin returning at the 6 to 8-week mark, with full movement returning at the 12-week mark.
Why is my anti-wrinkle not lasting?
Longevity depends on the type of anti-wrinkle used, dosage, its indication, particular muscle injected, compliance with aftercare and individual factors such as metabolism.
For those who request a more ‘natural’ outcome, the results will not last as long (2 months average) due to the lower dose used.
Regular maintenance treatments are required and essential for long-lasting results.
How often should I get anti-wrinkle?
Our doctors and nurses advise at least 3 treatments each year for wrinkle relaxers to maintain your results and to prevent wrinkle formation.
Treatments will NOT be performed more frequently than 12 weeks.