Dark circles, hollowing, puffiness and loss of skin quality around the periorbital area is a very common problem and can be psychologically distressing to many.
Although a common cause of dark circles under the eyes is facial ageing, this can affect both men and women of all ages and be caused by a number of different factors.
As a result there is no one treatment to fix this common problem and a multi-factorial approach is needed. We offer a number of different treatment modalities at Youth Lab to help rejuvenate the eye area.
Feeling and looking tired is one of the most common presentations we see at Youth Lab and often the eyes are the focus of our assessment. However every person experiences different symptoms which depend on their individual anatomy, age, genetics, ethnicity and medical history.
Symptoms of eye problems we see in the clinic may include:
- Puffiness around the eyes, especially in the morning and when unwell
- Loose and lax skin under the eyes
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Festoons – bulging areas of fat under the eyes and cheeks
- Deep tear troughs and hollowing around the eye
- Flattened cheeks
- Dark , grey discoloration to the skin
- Enlarged blood vessels
- Irregular pigmentation and hyperpigmentation