What to expect after your treatment
The Youth Lab Eye Contour treatment has been developed by our team as a treatment to rejuvenate the skin around the delicate eye area.
It has been developed for improved and more immediate stimulation of the skin’s natural defence mechanisms, effectively fighting all factors that speed up the physiological process of skin ageing, as well as improving skin discolouration and inducing collagen production.
The Eye Contour is a combination treatment of a Clinical Peel, microneedling with mesotherapy and skin tightening using heat energy.
The results of the Eye Contour treatment are not immediate. The treatment course consists of three treatments every 21 days (often 6 treatments are required for optimal results). Results will continue to improve over time.
Results need to be maintained by appropriate home product use and sun protection. Maintenance treatments every 1 to 3 months will ensure optimal results.
It is important to avoid sun exposure, tanning, exfoliation and non-prescribed skincare products before the treatment, as this may affect the end result and unwanted side effects may occur.
By adhering to the pre-treatment skin preparation, your results will be optimised with a lower risk of any side effects and downtime.
The treated area must be treated with care. BE GENTLE! Do not scratch or pick at your skin.
After treatment, your face may feel slightly red and irritated. The most important step in your routine will be an SPF 50+ at all times.
After 3-5 days there may be some mild skin shedding and peeling. This does not happen to everyone and is no indication as to the success of treatment.
Please note that not all ‘peels’ or microneedling treatments cause visible peeling of the skin. Some peels produce a microscopic shedding of the outer dead skin layer, which is not visible to the naked eye.
The presence or absence of visible peeling does not impact on the final results and in some skin types aggressive visible peeling of the skin is not advised.
A commitment to appropriate home care, diet and your treatment course will ensure optimal and long term results.
Immediate aftercare – what to do at home
- The treated area must be treated with care. BE GENTLE! Do not scratch or pick at your skin and be diligent with sun protection.
- You MUST NOT pick, scratch or use any exfoliant (gentle exfoliation may be allowed after 3-5 days) as this may damage the new skin and introduce bacteria leading to skin infections.
- Until sensitivity has completely subsided, avoid all of the following: Applying make-up over the treated areas, use of scented lotions or soaps, deodorants, active ingredients (Vitamin A, AHAs etc), acne creams or gels, aggressive scrubbing.
- Also, avoid hot or cold water – wash with tepid water, shaving, swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/chlorine and activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Use a soothing cleanser or face wash with tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours after your needling treatment and dry gently. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the area that has been needled.
- The skin may also feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance. Your therapist may recommend a suitable home care product for you post treatment.
- It is recommended that makeup is not applied for 12 hours after the session. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- DO NOT apply spray tanning or fake tanning creams for 2-3 weeks after the treatment.
- A cold compress or an ice pack can be used to provide comfort if the treated area is especially warm. This is typically only needed within the first 12 hours after the treatment.
- Strictly avoid any sun exposure or any excessive heat to the treated area for a minimum of 14 days after the Eye Contour Treatment. The treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). Keep the area covered and use a sunblock with a protection factor of 50+.
Subsequent treatments are based upon your therapist’s recommendation and are typically 3 weeks apart. An initial course of 3 to 6 treatments is recommended.
Results will be evident following a course of treatment with ongoing collagen stimulation for up to 8 months with an improvement in skin tone, texture and quality.
Treatments for hyperpigmentation and skin laxity will require more sessions (6 treatments plus) with regular maintenance recommended.
Please contact us on (08) 9324 1604 (West Perth) or (08) 9260 6800 (Claremont) if you have any questions about your treatment or aftercare instructions.