Thank you for attending Youth Lab for Aquagold treatment. Please take the time to carefully read the post-treatment instructions below.
- Use SPF daily. Strictly avoid any sun exposure or extreme heat for 14 days.
- Do not pick, scratch or use any exfoliant on the treated area.
- Avoid any sweat-inducing activities for 24 hours.
- Do not perform strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid active cosmeceutical products (AHAs, retinol, vitamin C) until sensitivity has subsided.
- Do not apply oil-based makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid facial treatments for 2 weeks after treatment (including facials, waxing, chemical peels, skin needling, Hydrafacial, IPL or laser)
- DO NOT apply spray tanning or fake tanning creams for 2-3 weeks after the treatment.
- A cold compress or an ice pack can be used to provide comfort.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The listed below are all normal side effects and should self-resolve within a few days.
- Redness (this may persist for a few days)
- Bruising or grazing (this is rare and usually very minimal)
- The skin may feel dry and tight
Following your Aquagold, the skin may feel drier than normal. You may also experience flaking of the skin, or a tight sensation.
- Avoid extreme heat (i.e. hot showers)
- Apply hydrating products to the skin. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance. Your practitioner may recommend a suitable home care product for you to use post Aquagold.
When can I have my next treatment?
Subsequent treatments are based upon your therapist’s recommendation and are typically 4 to 6 weeks apart.
How many treatments should I have?
An initial course of 3 to 6 treatments is recommended to allow for cumulative effects on the skin. However, the treatment can also be performed as an isolated treatment prior to more intensive skin treatments, as a means to deliver high-quality ingredients into the skin and give a ‘glow’ before a special event.
Please contact the clinic on 9324 1604 (West Perth), 9260 6800 (Claremont), 9260 6880 (Joondalup) or 9260 6820 (Applecross) if you have any questions about your treatment or aftercare instructions.